Sous vide beef tenderloin is a must try after you get your AnchorChef. Even though this cut of meat is known to be tender, you haven’t tried it cooked by the AnchorChef. It is unbelievably tender and tasty, you just won’t want beef cooked any other way. Once you do try it, you’ll understand why we care so much about about the sous vide method and why we want everyone to be in the know of how easy it is to cook food like this.
- 4-5 lbs. Beef tenderloin cut into desired size
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Rosemary and Thyme
- Fill water container so water completely covers vacuum sealed beef. Preheat with AnchorChef to 136 F (58C).
- Slice tenderloin to desired thickness.
- Place tenderloins into cooking pouch and use Vacuum Pump to create a complete seal around the steaks (if necessary, separate steaks into different pouches to prevent overcrowding).
- Submerge vacuum sealed tenderloins into the water. Cook thinly sliced steaks for 1.5 - 2 hrs. Thicker steaks 2 - 2.5hrs.
- Remove from pouch and pat dry. Tenderloin is ready to serve.
- Heat skillet on high. Add olive oil once hot.
- Crush garlic, breaking it open.
- Place tenderloin on skillet, searing for 30 seconds.
- Add butter, garlic, and herbs.
- Baste tenderloin in butter for another 15-30 seconds.
- Flip and sear/baste for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- Take off heat and let tenderloin let rest for 5-7 minutes under foil.